Subject: Chemicals in small quantities

Chemicals in small quantities

From: Susan White <smwhitewhite<-a>
Date: Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Susan White <smwhitewhite [at] aim__com> writes

>As a private conservator I frequently find myself in need of small
>quantities of chemicals ...

To those who are following the issue of obtaining and disposing of
chemicals in small quantities:  I contacted the Minnesota supplier
recommended by another poster.  In response I found out that they do
not serve companies or individuals outside of Minnesota, but they
did send me information about suppliers and exchangers of materials
in Massachusetts (below).  For those outside of MA, I recommend
contacting the Minnesota site and asking if they know of comparable
organizations in your state.

As for myself, I am currently in need of about a liter or two of 30%
hydrogen peroxide.  If anyone has surplus of this chemical and would
like to exchange or sell theirs, please do call 413 532 1046 or
email smwhitewhite<-a t->hotmail< . >com.

    Massachusetts
    City of Newton Reusable Materials Exchange:
    The City of Newton Reusable Materials Exchange is a web service
    which provides residents with a convenient way to sell, trade or
    give away used or surplus items that would otherwise be disposed
    of. You can post listings of items and materials you wish to
    dispose of or browse for those currently available in your area.
    Each listing contains a description of the material or item,
    contact information, and in some cases cost and delivery
    information. The actual exchange transactions are carried out
    directly between the interested parties.

    Massachusetts Materials Exchange Program
        commercially generated materials.

        Contact:
        John Majercak
        112 Elm St., Pittsfield, MA 01201
        413 445 4556 ext. 14
        info<-a t->materialsexchange< . >org

    Mass Material Trader Web
        businesses in Massachusetts find, sell, trade, or give away
        useful used or surplus materials that would otherwise be
        disposed of.

        Contact:Brian LaValle
        1 Winter St., 6th floor
        Boston, MA 02108