Subject: Identifying watermark

Identifying watermark

From: Simon Barcham Green <simongreen<-a>
Date: Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Gisella Campanelli <gisellacampanelli [at] gmail__com> writes

>I am trying to track down the watermark:
>
>    A.MIL ... (paper was cut at this point).

This is probably Arthur Millbourn and Co who made a wide variety of
papers, but especially watercolour papers, at Tuckenhay Mill in
Devon England. They stopped making paper in the early 1950s but the
artist may have had old stock or it could have been made at Hayle
Mill, Maidstone England which my family ran and which took over the
rights to Millburn paper when they stopped.

See my beautiful papermaking moulds at
<URL:http://papermoulds.typepad.com/>

Simon Barcham Green
1 Snapgate Cottage