Subject: Earthquake in Japan

Earthquake in Japan

From: Kazuko Hioki <kazuko<-a>
Date: Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Tohoku Japan earthquake and tsunami

I have visited my family in Tokyo and Osaka from March 12-27, 2011.
Unfortunately, very little information about the damages of
historical and cultural records by the earthquake/tsunami is
available.

Below are links to several blogs, wiki sites, and webpages, which
provide the information on the state of the cultural properties in
the disaster hit areas.   The information is collected and organized
by the Network for Historical Materials which is a non-profit group
to support the cultural institutions and individuals to rescue the
damaged records by disasters.  Its blog page is probably the most
informative and up-to-date resource on the damages of the
historical/cultural records by this earthquake/tsunami. It is
written in Japanese, but a volunteer member is translating a couple
of documents from the Network's blog.

Here is the English translation blog page of Network for Historical
Materials:

    Network for Historical Materials: blog page on the
    earthquake/tsunami disaster
    <URL:http://rekishishiryonet.wordpress.com/>

In Japanese:

    <URL:http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/siryo_net>

    <URL:http://rekishishiryonet.wordpress.com/>

    <URL:http://www.miyagi-shiryounet.org/>

    <URL:http://blog.ap.teacup.com/fukushimanet/>

    <URL:http://www45.atwiki.jp/savelibrary/>

    <URL:http://www45.atwiki.jp/savemuseum/>

    <URL:http://www47.atwiki.jp/savearchives/>

    <URL:http://blog.goo.ne.jp/uchikonotemae/>

    <URL:http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/siryo_net/34357955.html>

I am going to work on providing English information with the
Network.

Kazuko Hioki
Conservation Librarian, Liaison librarian for Asian studies
University of Kentucky Libraries

                  Distributed: Tuesday, April 5, 2011