Subject: Chemicals in small quantities

Chemicals in small quantities

From: Susan White <smwhitewhite<-a>
Date: Saturday, March 19, 2011
Susan White <smwhitewhite [at] aim__com> writes

>As a private conservator I frequently find myself in need of small
>quantities of chemicals ...

Many thanks to all who responded to my query about the problem of
purchasing chemicals in small quantities and how best to unload
chemicals that aren't needed.  I sent an email to the moderator
about allowing us to list chemicals we have for sale or to give away
on the DistList, but with the suggestion that listings requesting
certain chemicals be prohibited in order to insure that the DistList
isn't overwhelmed with queries to this effect. I also suggested that
any individual conservator be allowed to post such a listing only
twice a year, again for the same reason.  Responses to the postings
could then be directed directly to the poster, rather than the
DistList, so the moderator again is not over-loaded with work.
Posters who have chemicals to sell or give away could simply include
their phone number and/or email address.

Susan White

                  Distributed: Monday, March 28, 2011