Subject: Philadelphia Area Conservation Network survey

Philadelphia Area Conservation Network survey

From: Eliza Spaulding <pacaphiladelphia<-a>
Date: Tuesday, March 22, 2011
>The greater Philadelphia area is rich with approximately 200
>conservation and preservation professionals, yet we do not have a
>forum for gathering and discussing our work, general issues, and
>directions for the future in an informal manner. A small group of us
>are interested in starting a forum to do this and would like to see
>if it is also of interest to the rest of the community.  If so, what
>shape you would like to see the forum take?

Thank you to all who responded to the survey we distributed a few
weeks ago. We are  pleased to report that the majority of the
responders replied positively in favor of the formation of a greater
Philadelphia area conservation network. Therefore, we will continue
establishing the group and begin planning events. We will use the
information gathered in the survey to inform times, dates, subject
matter, etc. and look forward to making adjustments based on
feedback over time so hopefully everyone's interests are
represented.

We will be creating an official email list for those who would like
to be part of this group. Please email us at
pacaphiladelphia<-a t->gmail< . >com to be included and/or would like to see a
pdf of the survey results.

We also are looking for volunteers to participate with the
organization and planning of the group.  Please email us if you are
interested in this opportunity.

If you offered specific comments in the survey and would like to
open a dialogue with us, please let us know who you are (since the
survey was anonymous) and how best to be in touch with you.

We look forward to establishing what promises to be an informative,
dynamic, and fun group!

Ian Bogus, Nina Owczarek, Eliza Spaulding
Philadelphia Area Conservation Association (PACA)

                  Distributed: Monday, March 28, 2011