Subject: Canvas degradation

Canvas degradation

From: Marta Oriola-Marta Folch <martaoriola<-a>
Date: Monday, March 14, 2011
I am currently doing research on the degradation of the canvas
support in easel paintings and I have been specifically looking at
their pH and DP. For this I have taken samples from paintings and
measured these two parameters.

I am now trying to collect the existing literature in which pH and
DP values have been measured from paintings. So far, I have found
few articles on this topic but I am aware that I am provably missing
articles in which these parameters were measured, but are not the
main topic of discussion.

I would be very grateful to hear of articles or studies where the pH
or DP of the canvas of easel paintings were measured. In return, I
would be happy to send back the results of the study once I am done.

Marta Oriola
Seccio de Conservacio-Restauracio
Facultat de Belles Arts
Universitat de Barcelona