Subject: Water mist fire suppression systems

Water mist fire suppression systems

From: Barb Korbel <korbelb<-a>
Date: Tuesday, March 8, 2011
We have always used type ABC dry chemical extinguishers in the
library stacks. We need to replace them and the company that
supplies us is recommending a water mist extinguisher instead
because "there will be no chemical reside on the books"  Does anyone
have any experience with this type of extinguisher or any
recommendations.  FYI: there is no electrical conductivity back to
the operator of the extinguisher.

Barbara Korbel
Collections Conservator
Newberry Library