Subject: Conservation of Korean watercolours

Conservation of Korean watercolours

From: Park KyoungEun <kyoungeun.park<-a>
Date: Sunday, February 20, 2011
I am working on my dissertation which focuses on the conservation of
Korean watercolours, especially the works of Kisan (Kim Chun-gun, a
Korean artist of late 19th century). My initial intention was to
provide some help with the problems that occur specifically during
conservation of Korean works of art on paper in the countries other
than Korea. So if you have experienced problems while dealing with
Korean watercolours, e.g. identification of materials, sensitivity
of pigments, treatment, storage, understanding the meaning etc.,
please share with me and it might develop into a fruitful result.

Kyoung-eun Park
First year of MA Conservation of Fine Arts
Northumbria University, the U.K.

               Distributed: Wednesday, February 23, 2011