Subject: Removing velcro

Removing velcro

From: Sophie Dimond <s.dimond<-a>
Date: Friday, February 18, 2011
I am trying to find out how many conservators have had to deal with
Velcro adhesive circles adhered directly to objects made of
different materials and if they found a successful removal method

This information will be used to assist my dissertation work and
answers to the following would be appreciated:

    What material was the Velcro adhered to?
    Were there any successful methods of removal?
    Were there any problems encountered during removal?
    Any damage noted to the surfaces after the removal?

Sophie Dimond

                Distributed: Saturday, February 19, 2011