Subject: Map on primed linen

Map on primed linen

From: T.K. McClintock <tkm<-a>
Date: Friday, February 18, 2011
Lucy Blumenthal <lucy.blumenthal [at] telkomsa__net> writes

>I have asked around in South Africa and no-one has any experience
>treating a map on linen and I seem to be about the closest match
>(being a paintings conservator) to treat the object.

This is a format with which we have a great deal of experience.
Rather than thinking of it as a Western style painting, thinking of
it as an object more akin to an Asian painting on silk may point to
treatment procedures that are more sympathetic.

T.K. McClintock
FAIC FIIC ACR-ICON FAAR
Studio TKM Ltd.
Conservation of Fine Art and Historic Works on Paper
1 Fitchburg St. C-219
Somerville, Massachusetts, USA 02143

                Distributed: Saturday, February 19, 2011