Subject: Water mist fire suppression systems

Water mist fire suppression systems

From: Mary Eleanor Miller <mmille23<-a>
Date: Monday, February 7, 2011
Here at Stanford University Libraries, we are considering potential
fire suppression systems for a future high density storage module. I
would be grateful to hear from any institutions that have recently
considered or installed a HI-FOG mist fire suppression system in
collection storage areas, particularly in a high density storage
facility.  I'd be very interested to hear about your thoughts and
experiences, good or bad, with planning, installation, etc.  And of
course, if any institutions have experienced an activation of the
system, I'd be greatly interested to hear about the results.  Thank
you.

Mary E. Miller
Stanford University Libraries
1450 Page Mill Road