Subject: Letter to Dr. Hawass

Letter to Dr. Hawass

From: Hany Aziz Hanna Hanna <hhnnc<-a>
Date: Thursday, February 10, 2011
Please find included and attached the fast translation for the
Arabic text message sent by Dr. Hany Hanna via e-mail to Prof. Dr.
Zahi Hawass, Secretary of State for the Antiquities (please forgive
any editing mistaking as I am so in hurry)

Please note that if my facebook account been closed this will be by
reports from the corrupts people in the SCA, so I am asking my
friends to help by saving as much as they can of the material on my
page.

    **** Moderator's comments: This not has not been edited except
    for minor changes in capitalization.  It would have been very
    difficult to alter this message without distorting its meaning

    Prof. / Dr. Zahi Hawass
    Minister of State for the Antiquities

    Greetings,

    We respect you Doctor Zahi as Egyptian archaeological raise the
    name of Egypt in the archaeological field, and will continue as
    long as you support the Egyptian people; the nobles ones of the
    people.

    I write and speak in my own name, knowing that my word could be
    on behalf of all the honorable of the Egyptian archeologists and
    Conservators, and who sought always for the benefit of Egypt and
    Egypt's monuments, and put the name of Egypt and the (formally)
    Supreme Council of Antiquities at the highest levels of the
    field of their scientific specialties in spite of all attempts
    to oppression, exclusion and drop down.

    Sir, We will not accept the continuation of the same system and
    the faces of corruption in the field of archeology and
    Conservation; The party system, corruption and corrupts; system
    of exclusion of the real experts and qualified high-level,
    locally and internationally for the benefit of corrupts (as well
    as Almchltep and Almsalhadjip) and dozens of outsiders on the
    board of men of the ruler party and some of the professors
    belonging to the same ruler party, or who were buying their
    silence, Our masters and even some older, all of whom are well
    known and who we respect them and we will continue to respect
    them and honor them as the value and the wealth of mankind, but
    it is there in the whole world such thing as retirement for the
    opportunity for new blood and new talent.

    Sir, we will not accept any more the continuation of the same
    system that everyone knows and you first of them.

    Sir, we respect you on a clear and specific basis of that the
    work in the coming period will be only for the benefit of Egypt
    and Egypt 's monuments, and will be, however, by the hand of the
    honorable ones from within the ministry (formally the Supreme
    Council of Antiquities). And we will be against you if you
    continued the same previous system, and will not be afraid of
    any trial or investigation, or even the liquefaction of our
    blood in the field of honor.

    We have consistently resist self-doubts and never listen to the
    rumors, and we take the positive side in that your aim was
    seeking for the benefit of Egypt 's monuments, antiquities and
    its people.

    So I ask you sir, please; delete all the names and faces of
    corruption, and all the faces and names from outside the
    honorable men of the New Ministry (former council).

    As for The files and issues of corruption and the corrupts are
    in the responsibility of the investigation departments and been
    submitted and will submitted be the honorable Egyptians, and
    that is the role of the legal departments, but our role will be
    within the new ministry.

    Please allow me sir to tell you publicly and officially, what I
    used to say to everyone in public every day, including some of
    the men in your office, and including the main organizer of the
    formation of the Secretariat Mr. Alawi Faried.

    I am asking and try to trust that you will make sure to change
    the overall system of corruption and replacing it with a
    professional scientific management respectable system with all
    the respectful of the employees of the ministry (formerly the
    Council)

    Sir, please kindly consider my massage by yourself away from the
    usual transfer note to a member of your office, because this is
    a personal message to you.

    With my Best Regards,

    Dr. (Mr.) / Hany Hanna (Ph. D)
    Chief Conservator
    General Director of Conservation
    Helwan, El-Saf and Atfeh Sector
    Supreme Council of Antiquities (SCA), Egypt

                 Distributed: Sunday, February 13, 2011