Subject: Online business management meeting series

Online business management meeting series

From: Sarah Lowengard <sarahl<-a>
Date: Sunday, February 6, 2011
"Are We There Yet? The Annual Assessment of Business Conditions and
    Tips for Managing a Conservation Practice in the Current
    Economic Climate"
Wednesday 16 January 2011
12:30 US Eastern Time.

The next meeting of the Online Business Management for Art
Conservators series will take place on Wednesday 16 January 2011
starting at 12:30 US Eastern Time.

For the third consecutive year, participants in the February session
will discuss the realities of work in the current economic climate.
Past sessions examined the market for conservation services and
offered tips and tricks to maintain a quality practice in the face
of economic uncertainties. This year I plan to focus on forecasts
and moving ahead. Officially the recession is over. What comes next
and how can we best prepare?

For more information, please see

    <URL:http://www.researchandwriting.net/
        2010/05/2010-2011-online-business-management.html>

Access the registration directly at

    <URL:http://www.researchandwriting.net/
        2010/08/to-register-for-online-business.html>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URLs have been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newlines.

AIC-ECPN members who wish to participate should contact me directly
regarding the discount.

To see the Online Meeting FAQ see

    <URL:http://www.scribd.com/full/
        18817368?access_key=key-nnp1ew2do15bhbjzk98>

Each meeting in the Online Business Management for Art Conservators
series covers a topic significant to owning or managing an art
conservation business (broadly described). Participation is not
limited to private practitioners: We welcome those who have
managerial duties in a for profit or not for profit lab, and those
who think they might become administrators or business owners at
some future date.

Remaining meetings in the series include:

    "Are We There Yet? The Annual Assessment of Business Conditions
    and Tips for Managing a Conservation Practice in the Current
    Economic Climate."

    "Legal Considerations in Conservation."
    Guest Expert Katherine de Vos, JD

    "Update on Online Marketing for Conservation."
    Guest Expert: D.K. Smith, InteractiveBiz
    Note new date. This is a 90 minute meeting.

    "Appraisers and Conservators"
    Guest Expert: Evie T. Joselow, Ph.D.

    "Transitions: Moving on from an Art Conservation Practice"

The Online Business Management for Art Conservators meeting series
is produced by Research and Writing, a professional practice serving
professional practitioners. For more information about our services,
which include management consulting and writing management programs,
see

    <URL:http://www.researchandwriting.net>

or email info<-a t->researchandwriting< . >net.

Sarah Lowengard
Research and Writing

                 Distributed: Sunday, February 6, 2011