Subject: History of conferences on paper and parchment

History of conferences on paper and parchment

From: Margit J. Smith <mjps<-a>
Date: Friday, January 21, 2011
I am looking for information on three conferences that were held in
Dresden, 1899; Paris, 1900; and Dusseldorf 1908 on the topic of
manuscript preservation/conservation. These were follow-up
conferences to the First International Conference on Preservation of
Manuscripts in St. Gallen, Switzerland, in 1898.

Does anyone have information where I may find the history of early
20th century conferences that deal with the topics of paper and
parchment (vellum) conservation/preservation? I am preparing a
presentation to be given at a conference in Copenhagen in April and
would appreciate getting some general, and/or specific information
about those conferences mentioned above.

Margit J. Smith, Assoc. Prof. (Ret.)
9956 Cummins Place,
San Diego, CA 92131-1805
Former Head of Cataloging and Preservation
Copley Library, University of San Diego

                Distributed: Saturday, January 29, 2011