Subject: Survey on embedding material for paint samples

Survey on embedding material for paint samples

From: Merel Schrojenstein van Lantman <merel.lantman<-a>
Date: Friday, January 14, 2011
For a research project in my postgraduate program in Conservation of
Historic interiors at the University of Amsterdam / Stichting
Restauratieatelier Limburg, I am holding a small survey for the use
of embedding materials for paint samples. I would really appreciate
it if you can spare the time to answer my questions: What kind of
embedding material do you use/ is used in the institution where you
work?  (e.g. epoxy/ polyester/ acrylate/wax/ other)

What brand?

Why was this specific material chosen? (e.g. working time/
viscosity/ availability/ price/ other)

Where did you buy it?

What is the aging characteristics of the resin (ie does it go
yellow)?

Thank you for your collaboration in advance,

Merel Lantman
Drs M.N. van Schrojenstein Lantman MA
SRAL Restaurator in Opleiding/ Postgraduate student Conservation
Tafelbergdreef 28
3564 AA Utrecht
The Netherlands
+31 6 41226348