Subject: Funori

Funori

From: Marie Messager <marie.messager<-a>
Date: Tuesday, January 11, 2011
I am a french student in book and paper conservation. I'm undergoing
my thesis this year in order to finish my studies. I'm working on
the conservation of an embroideries sample book. The whole samples
are glued on blue paper in very bad shape. This paper needs
consolidation--at least sizing and often mending plus sizing.

I was wondering about the advantages of the use of funori for
sizing, alone or in a mix. Does anyone have experience using funori
or can anyone point to research in this area?

Marie Messager
Institut National du Patrimoine (National Institute of Heritage)
Book and Paper conservation
150 avenue du President Wilson
93210 Saint Denis La Plaine

                Distributed: Thursday, January 13, 2011