Subject: Corroded lead scroll

Corroded lead scroll

From: Katrin Lueck <nimue1985<-a>
Date: Thursday, January 6, 2011
As a Master student of conservation/Restoration  I am working on a
lead scroll from Babylon, planning to make the text visible in a
noninvasive way and seeking insight in new developments of analysis
techniques (such as radiation or visual methods).

Further, I am looking for cases in which the scrolls have been
unrolled, which techniques have been used, their pros and cons, to
find the most gentle way with a minimum of material loss.

Also, I am interested in analyzing results of the lattice and the
change which is caused by mechanical stress that is working on it.

Finally, I am looking for literature about historical lead findings
and their appropriate treatment and conservation.

Katrin Lueck,BA
Master Student
Conservation/Restoration University of Applied Sciences
Berlin

                Distributed: Thursday, January 13, 2011