Subject: Online business management meeting series

Online business management meeting series

From: Sarah Lowengard <sarahl<-a>
Date: Monday, January 10, 2011
Note: This email describes a change in the announced schedule

The next meeting of the Online Business Management for Art
Conservators series will take place on Wednesday 19 January 2011
starting at 12:30 US Eastern Time.

The session will continue the topic of the December 2010 meeting
"Responding to RFPs." At that meeting we discussed preparations;
this second session will focus on reading RFPs and writing a
response.

For more information, please see <URL:http://bit.ly/OBMS_1011>.
Access the registration directly at
<URL:http://bit.ly/OBMS_1011reg>. To see the Online Meeting FAQ go
to <URL:http://bit.ly/RaWFAQ>.

Each meeting in the monthly Online Business Management for Art
Conservators series covers a topic significant to owning or managing
an art conservation business (broadly described). Participation is
not limited to private practitioners: We welcome those who have
managerial duties in a for profit or not for profit lab, and those
who think they might become administrators or business owners at
some future date.

Remaining meetings in the series include:

    RFPs Part II: Reading and Writing an RFP

    "Ethics, Theories and the Independent Conservation Practice."
    Guest Expert: TBA

    "Legal Considerations in Conservation."
    Guest Expert Katherine de Vos, JD

    "Are We There Yet? The Annual Assessment of Business Conditions
    and Tips for Managing a Conservation Practice in the Current
    Economic Climate."

    "Update on Online Marketing for Conservation."
    Guest Expert: D.K. Smith, InteractiveBiz
    (Note: 90 minute meeting)

    "Transitions: Moving on from an Art Conservation Practice"

The Online Business Management for Art Conservators meeting series
is produced by Research and Writing, a professional practice serving
professional practitioners.

For more information about our services, which include management
consulting and writing management programs, see

    <URL:http://www.researchandwriting.net>

or emailinfo<-a t->researchandwriting< . >net,

Sarah Lowengard
Research and Writing

                Distributed: Thursday, January 13, 2011