Subject: WAAC Newsletter

WAAC Newsletter

From: Carolyn Tallent <ctallent<-a>
Date: Wednesday, January 12, 2011
It is a pleasure to announce that half of the backlog of back issues
of the WAAC Newsletter are now available online, with the remaining
ones to follow in the near future.

    <URL:http://cool.conservation-us.org/waac/wn/>

The newly posted articles have a new format, you can now read the
entire issue or each column or feature as a separate PDF document.
(Feature articles are best read as spreads, for illustration
placement, etc., however they are posted as single pages so that
they can be printed easily.)

Hard copies are still available and, after we are caught up, we will
return to the policy of waiting 6 months after publication to post
an issue online, in deference to those who actually pay for the
Newsletter.

And on that subject, you might consider joining WAAC.  Our dues are
very reasonable, especially considering that for two years we have
donated $5 of every membership fee to the support of CoOL and the
DistList.  I believe we are still the only organization doing that.
(Individual Membership in WAAC costs $40 per year ($45 Canada, $50
overseas) and entitles the member to receive the WAAC Newsletter
(three issues/year) and the annual Membership Directory, attend the
Annual Meeting, vote in elections, and stand for office.
Institutional Membership costs $45 per year ($50 Canada, $55
overseas) and entitles the institution to receive the WAAC
Newsletter and Membership Directory

    <URL:http://cool.conservation-us.org/waac/>

Vol. 27, Number 2
May 2005

    Pigment-medium Interactions in Oil Paint Films Containing
    Lead-based Pigments
    by Catherine Higgitt, Marika Spring, and David Saunders

    A New Approach to Cleaning I
    by Chris Stavroudis, Tiarna Doherty, and Richard Wolbers

Vol. 28, Number 2
May 2006

    Tear Repair of Cotton Canvas: A Variation of the Heiber
    Technique
    by Linda Waters

    Cultural Considerations in the Care of American Indian Objects
    by Sherelyn Ogden

    What about Sacred Objects?
    by Alyce Sadongei

Vol. 29, Number 3
September 2007

    A Novel Approach to Cleaning II: Extending the Modular Cleaning
    Program to Solvent Gels and Free Solvents, Part 1
    by Chris Stavroudis and Tiarna Doherty

    Protecting Collections in the J. Paul Getty Museum from
    Earthquake Damage
    by McKenzie Lowry, BJ Farrar, David Armendariz, and Jerry Podany

Vol. 30, Number 1
January 2008

    Strip 'Teas' - Solubility Data for the Removal (and Application)
    of Low Molecular Weight Synthetic Resins Used as Inpainting
    Media and Picture Varnishes
    by Gregory Dale Smith and Ronald Johnson

    Edge Finishing Silk Crepeline
    by Yoonjo Lee

    Working with Daylight in the Museum Environment
    by Steven Hefferan

    Annual Meeting Abstracts

Vol. 30, Number 2
May 2008

    Conservation Issues: The Case of Time-Based Media Installations
    by Marie-Catherine Cyr

    UV and Visible Light Filtering Window Films
    by Samantha Springer

Vol. 30, Number 3
September 2008

    Thoughts About "Crosslinking"
    by Robert L. Feller

    The Deterioration of Newsprint and Implications for Its
    Preservation
    by Charles S. Tumosa, David Erhardt, Kathy Hufford and Evan
    Quasney

    Working for the Man: Understanding Government Contracts
    by Carolyn Tallent

    The AGS2000 Aerosol Generator
    by Nancy Turner

Vol. 31, Number 1
January 2009

    A Preliminary Review of Some Alternatives to PhillySeal R Epoxy
    for Conservation and Mountmaking
    by BJ Farrar, Jeff Maish, and Mara Schiro

    Streamlining Condition Reporting: A new approach at the Victoria
    and Albert Museum
    by Helen Nodding, Victoria Oakley and Sandra Smith

    Sorting Out Surfactants
    by Chris Stavroudis

    Naming of Generic Hydrocarbon Solvents: an Update
    by Alan Phenix

    Annual Meeting Abstracts

Vol. 31, Number 2
May 2009

    Forging Ahead Or, how I learned to stop worrying and love eBay
    by Charles Stanish

    Filming in Museums

        Never Yell "Cut" A brief guide to filming in museums
        by Chris Stavroudis

        Glossary of Film Terms

        It's a Wrap! Protecting Hampton Court Palace during Filming
        by Laurie Gibbs

        A Compilation of Guidelines for Filming
        by Carolyn Tallent

Vol. 32, Number 1
January 2010

    On Again, Off Again: Conservation Aspects in Accessible Display
    Case Design
    by Michele Austin Dennehy and Kim Cullen Cobb

    UV-Blocking Window Films for Use in Museums - Revisited
    by Colleen Boye, Frank Preusser, and Terry Schaeffer

    Reform of the MSDS is Coming
    by Monona Rossol

                Distributed: Thursday, January 13, 2011