Subject: Odor in UV-curing inks

Odor in UV-curing inks

From: Grace Terdich <g.terdich<-at->
Date: Tuesday, December 15, 2009
I am a student at the Center for Cultural Materials Conservation I
am currently working on my thesis on smelly UV curing inks. I want
to know if anyone else has encountered graphic books printed with UV
curing inks that had a strong odour that seems to affect the black
ink more then other colours.

The Odour smells organic, rather then the acrylic smell that the
literature on UV curing inks speaks about. I wanted to know if
anyone has encountered this smell and if they found a way to remove
the smell from the book using a non invasive method.

Grace Terdich
University of Melbourne
CCMC

               Distributed: Wednesday, December 23, 2009