Subject: Low energy emitting light sources

Low energy emitting light sources

From: Luisa Casella <luisa.casella<-at->
Date: Thursday, December 17, 2009
I would like to know if anyone is using low energy emitting light
tables such as flexible light panels by CeeLite
<URL:http://www.ceelite.com/> or Konica
<URL:http://www.konicaminolta.com/tech_info/newlight/index.html> or
others for exhibiting paper negatives or other transparent media.

I am interested in learning about the spectral curve of these lights
and if they provide accurate color rendition for transparencies
placed over them; if no heat is generated; and if these devices
provide sufficient illumination to observe the objects. Any
information would be appreciated.

Luisa Casella
Research Scholar in Photograph Conservation
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York

               Distributed: Wednesday, December 23, 2009