Subject: Conference on digital continuity

Conference on digital continuity

From: Jennifer Koerner <jennifer.koerner<-at->
Date: Monday, December 21, 2009
The following is posted on behalf of Stephen Clarke, Senior Advisor,
Digital Continuity, Archives New Zealand.

Future Perfect: Digital Continuity Conference 2010
The Wellington Convention Centre
Wellington New Zealand
3-5 May, 2010

Archives New Zealand is pleased to announce the Southern
Hemisphere's premier conference dedicated to the theme of digital
continuity, preservation and long-term public sector information
issues. Archives New Zealand is coordinating this exciting
opportunity for all information professionals impacted by the
emerging information risk and longevity issues, and those who just
wish to find out more. These escalating digital challenges will
impact on all of our lives both personally and in our workplaces.
Come along to hear what the key issues are, and who is developing
answers both globally and locally.

The Future Perfect 2010 conference will feature internationally
renowned experts from Australasia, North America and Europe
presenting on a range of aspects in the digital preservation and
information continuity fields. As we have some of the world's
leading digital preservation experts in New Zealand for the first
time we are running workshops and master-classes. Don't miss this
unique opportunity. The conference also includes a BarCamp
'unconference' day with a more technical outlook.

The conference will interest both information technologists and
information managers from CIOs and developers to records and
knowledge managers and enterprise content architects. This event is
for those with an interest in: open source, open standards and open
(Government) data, digital preservation, digital business
continuity, public sector information and technology management, and
web content management and archiving. It will also be of interest to
tertiary educators and the GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and
Museums) sector or just for those who want to learn and engage with
the broader information community about this key emerging issue in
the digital environment.

We look forward to welcoming you at this year's Future Perfect
conference in Wellington

Further information on the programme and registration will follow
soon:

    <URL:http://www.archives.govt.nz/
        advice/digital-continuity-action-plan/
        future-perfect-digital-continuity-conference-2010>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

Stephen Clarke
Senior Advisor
Digital Continuity
Archives New Zealand
Te Rua Mahara o te Kawanatanga
10 Mulgrave St
PO Box 12050
Wellington, New Zealand
+64 4 894 6030
Fax: +64 4 495 6210

Jennifer Koerner
Conservator, Preservation Services
Archives New Zealand
Te Rua Mahara o te Kawanatanga
PO Box 12 050
Wellington
New Zealand
+64 4 496 1398
Fax: +64 4 495 6210

               Distributed: Wednesday, December 23, 2009