Subject: IPM Working Group

IPM Working Group

From: Rachael Perkins Arenstein <rachael<-at->
Date: Wednesday, December 23, 2009
We are currently accepting requests for a spot at the 2010 IPM
Working Group meeting to be held February 22-23, 2010 and hosted by
the American Museum of Natural History in New York City.

The IPM Working Group is a group of museum professionals from
various disciplines dedicated to the development of pest management
resources for the general museum community.  The goal of the working
group meeting is not to teach IPM, but rather to focus on developing
resources to make IPM easier for museum staff. We recognize that
every museum has similar challenges with regards to pest management.
We hope that the working group can help solve problems while
alleviating the need for every museum to come up with their own
solutions.  The resources developed by the group are all available
for free on our website

    <URL:http://www.museumpests.net>

This year's meeting will focus on updates to the newly revised
website as well as continued work on the long-term goals of the
various sub-committees including:  Pest identification aids, Data
collection and visualization tools, and Pest treatment resources.

As with the previous meetings, we want to stress that this is not a
review of IPM and the purpose of the group is not to teach IPM, but
to solve individual institutional challenges while developing
resources for the museum community. You should expect to take an
active role in discussing and setting goals, and to leave with an
assignment.  For more information on the working group please see
<URL:http://www.museumpests.net>

If you would like to attend the meeting, please contact IPM Co-chair
Rachael Perkins Arenstein <rachael<-at->amartconservation<.>com>.  Please
put "IPM Working Group RSVP" in the subject line of the email as
messages without this subject line will not be opened.

The IPM-WG gratefully acknowledges the following institutions and
organizations for the financial support to develop the revised
website:

    American Institute for Conservation Objects Specialty Group
    American Institute for Conservation Conservators in Private
    Practice Specialty Group
    American Institute for Conservation Wooden Artifacts Specialty
    Group
    American Institute for Conservation Book and Paper Specialty
    Group
    American Institute for Conservation Paintings Specialty Group
    The American Museum of Natural History
    Artex Fine Art Services
    Denver Museum of Nature and Science
    Insects Limited, Inc.
    Museum of Fine Arts
    Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections
    Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities (SPNEA)
    Zak Software Inc.

Rachael Perkins Arenstein and
Lisa Elkin
IPM-Working Group Co-Chairs

Rachael Perkins Arenstein
IPM-WG Co-Chair
A.M. Art Conservation, LLC
Art Conservation, Preservation and Collection Management

               Distributed: Wednesday, December 23, 2009