Subject: Clip-N-Seal

Clip-N-Seal

From: Jerry Shiner <info<-at->
Date: Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Karl Knauer <karl.knauer [at] gmail__com> writes

>We've been using Clip-N-Seal reusable, re-sealable bag closures for
>almost three years now, and they are pretty great.

The profile and design of the Clip-N-Seal device are very similar to
the sealing clips provided by Mitsubishi Gas Chemical for their
Escal products. I distribute and use the Mitsubishi clips.

My observations and suggestions after using the Mitsubishi clips
over more than a decade (abetted by stories from clients) are:

    Ensure that the bag is clean where it is to be clipped
    Ensure that the area to be clipped is completely wrinkle free
    Use a single clip
    Do not fold the bag under the seal (anyhow)
    If you are doing anoxia, add a little extra Ageless

Given you take care, the Clip-N-Seal should work for temporary
anoxic packaging, most of the time. Note that oxygen will migrate
through a pressure clipped seal more quickly than through a heat
seal. The best method is still to use a wide heat seal if you can
(and the heat seal costs nothing).

Jerry Shiner
Keepsafe Microclimate Systems
416-703 4696
800-683 4696

               Distributed: Wednesday, December 23, 2009