Subject: Digitizing film

Digitizing film

From: Paul S. Storch <blitzpost<-at->
Date: Monday, December 21, 2009
Stephanie Gowler <s-gowler [at] northwestern__edu> writes

>Any information and experiences you can share on the pros and cons
>of transferring the original acetate film directly to digital would
>be greatly appreciated.

I checked with an audio-visual collections curator that I know, and
she suggested the following resource for information on this
question. It is the website of the Association of Moving Image
Archivists:

    <URL:http://www.amianet.org/participate/listserv.php>

Paul Storch
Objects Conservator
St. Paul, MN

               Distributed: Wednesday, December 23, 2009