Subject: Call for papers--CeROArt

Call for papers--CeROArt

From: Muriel Verbeeck <muriel.verbeeck<-at->
Date: Monday, December 7, 2009
The previous issue of CeROArt was published last October and is
available at

    <URL:http://ceroart.revues.org>

The website browsing options are available both in English and in
French by choosing the language in the upper right corner of your
screen.  Enclosed, you will find a call for contributions (articles)
for our forthcoming issues.  We would like to insist specifically on
our wish to encourage scientific communication between restorers and
researchers, as well as PhD graduates and teachers, so that
practitioners of the discipline are able to feed into the dialogue
initiated with art historians, museologists, semiologists.  The next
issue will take a look at the following subject:

CeROArt, issue no. 5 (April 2010)
"Restoration on the stage and behind the scenes"
Deadline February 15, 2010

More than ever, the definition of the "act of restoring" is torn
between art and profession: the restorer's work generates curiosity,
in the same way as a performance, and, nowadays, it is not unusual
to see it staged and presented within the context of a museum or an
exhibition.  We are witness to a spectacularisation of the
profession which is being mediatised, filmed, televised, podcast; it
headlines magazines and programmes with a wide audience base, and
has been accorded a specific type of prestige.  Not only does this
have an impact on the public's idea of the profession, but also on
the works restored.  What are the effects, on the stage and behind
the scenes, of this exhibition of restoration?

If you wish to support our venture, we would thank you to forward
the the link to the magazine to your contacts likely to be
interested. You can subscribe or unsubscribe to the magazine via the
journal website under the following heading: "La lettre de CeROArt".
CeROArt thanks you for your careful reading and wishes your
participation, as a reader or as an author, in its editorial
project.

Muriel Verbeeck, Ph.D. Editor - Professor,
ESA Saint-Luc de Liege
31 Boulevard de la Constitution
B-4020 Liege
Belgique