Subject: Clip-N-Seal

Clip-N-Seal

From: Karl Knauer <karl.knauer<-at->
Date: Monday, December 7, 2009
We've been using Clip-N-Seal reusable, re-sealable bag closures for
almost three years now, and they are pretty great.

They are low-density polyethylene (LDPE) rod-and-clamp closures that
you apply to the exterior of a bag you want to seal.  They are
available up to 40 inches long ("Mondo" size). You can easily cut
down the LDPE strips to shorter sizes, or buy pre-cut shorter
lengths.

Initially I used them when trying to make my own "Ziploc" for large
Marvelseal storage enclosures to allow for occasional access while
maintaining microclimates provided by silica gel in the interim.  We
now mostly use them to create humidity chambers out of large bags,
for which they are very well suited.

They are far more convenient, in my opinion, than having a series of
clips in a row, because you can apply and remove the seal in one
easy step, or just partially open it for access.

When I originally inquired about vapor permeability, they couldn't
provide any data.  I tried a combustible gas detector (Tif 8800 CO)
along the seal, which seemed to indicate that it was perhaps
slightly less effective than a "Ziploc" style closure.  We haven't
yet tried them for anoxia.

They are available through the following website, which also has
more info:

    <URL:http://www.clip-n-seal.com>

I hope you find them useful, too.

Karl Knauer