Subject: Wax objects

Wax objects

From: Florane Gindroz <florane.gindroz<-at->
Date: Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Dale Paul Kronkright <conservator [at] okeeffemuseum__org> writes

>Johanna Lang <johanna.lang [at] gmx__de> writes
>
>>Within the project "Wax Collages: Precious Craftsmanship in Danger
>>of Extinction" at the Deutsches Hygiene Museum Dresden a test series
>>on different adhesives for wax objects is being carried. ...
>
>I suggest experiments with various mixtures of
>Poly(2-ethyl-2-oxazoline) ("Aquazol, general chemical formula:
>(C5H9NO)x ) ...
>I am sorry but I am unaware of EU suppliers of these products.

In 2006 I asked for stamps of Aquazol 500, 200 and 50 in Switzerland
by

    Univar AG
    Drahtzugstrasse 18
    8032 Zurich
    +41 44 384 52 31
    Fax: +41 44 422 21 66
    reto.kunzler<-at->univareurope<.>com

They send me about 200ml of each products charge free! I use Aquazol
for the consolidation of a weak adherance painting layer (aquarelle)
on transparent paper (diploma work)

Florane Gindroz
Conservator
Library of Geneva