Subject: Northern States Conservation Center

Northern States Conservation Center

From: Helen Alten <helen<-at->
Date: Wednesday, November 25, 2009
For Thanksgiving, I would like to thank all those who supported the
work of <URL:http://www.museumclasses.org> through teaching, advice,
grants, online resources, forwarding emails, posting course
announcements and permission to use publications. Thank you to all
of you who participated as students in
<URL:http://www.museumclasses.org>.

In 2009 <URL:http://www.museumclasses.org> offered 73 online classes
in museum professional development. Topics covered administration,
collection management, exhibits, collection care, volunteer
management, museum environments and physical plant. Twenty
instructors taught 246 students located in 49 US states and 17
countries.  Eight students signed on for a new certificate program
that launched this year.

We could not manage without the support of the museum world. We
continue to strive to offer you the best instructors and most
current information about museum topics. We look forward to working
with you in the future to help all of us improve museums in the 21st
Century.

Helen Alten
Director, Northern States Conservation Center

                 Distributed: Sunday, November 29, 2009