Subject: Position at National Railway Museum (NRM)

Position at National Railway Museum (NRM)

From: Rosie Smith <rosie.smith<-at->
Date: Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Assistant Conservator
National Railway Museum (NRM)

Based at Science Museum, Wroughton, Swindon

UKP16,800 per annum pro rata
Full Time - Fixed term until 31 March 2010

The National Railway Museum (NRM) is part of the NMSI family of
museums <URL:http://www.nmsi.ac.uk> which also includes the National
Media Museum and the Science Museum. NRM is Britain's most visited
museum outside London, welcoming some 800,000 visitors a year and
our ambition is to be the most admired museum in the world.

A large number of our library and archives are stored at the Science
Museum near Swindon. Here, you will assist the Conservation Manager
and other NRM colleagues on the recording, conserving and preparing
for storage, primarily paper-based materials in the British Crown
Agent Drawings collection. You will need to have developed your
knowledge and expertise in paper conservation, as you will advise on
a wide range of conversation issues connected with the materials of
the project.

A relevant qualification is essential, or alternatively, equivalent
practical knowledge and experience. You must also be a clear
communicator who can work comfortably as part of a team, ensuring
that your contribution helps the project to be completed on time and
to a high standard.  Ideally, you will have museum/cultural heritage
experience already.

Get your career on track. For a job description or to apply, please
email recruitment<-at->nrm<.>org<.>uk or call +44 1904 686 249.

Closing date: 30 November 2009

We regret that we can only respond to successful applicants. No
agencies please.

We are an equal opportunities employer.

If you have a disability you may apply under our guaranteed
interview scheme. Please contact the NRM for details.

Rosie Smith
HR Advisor
National Media Museum
Bradford BD1 1NQ