Subject: Survey on Flugger

Survey on Flugger

From: Ida Pohoriljakova <i.poho<-at->
Date: Sunday, November 15, 2009
The Facts on Flugger Acrylic Putty: A study on the properties of a
commercial filler

I am a second year student in the Master of Art Conservation Program
at Queen's University.  I am undertaking a research project that
consists of assessing the use of Flugger Acrylic Putty as an infill
material in conservation.  By comparing the putty to Polycell's Fine
Surface Polyfilla through experimentation, I hope to evaluate the
putty's suitability as a substrate for paint and the effect of
ageing on its physical and chemical properties.  As part of my
research, I am trying to gain a better understanding of how
conservators use the putty and what they think of it.  I hope to
achieve this through the following survey.  I will be grateful for
any insights and feedback from conservators who have experience with
the putty.

Please provide your contact details:

    Name:
    Email:
    Work setting (governmental, institutional, private, other):
    Country:

    1. What type of materials have you used Flugger Acrylic Putty
    on?

    2. On a scale of one to four (1=poor, 4=excellent) how would you
    rate the putty's:

        i) applicability
        ii) carveability
        iii) sandability
        iv) ease of being inpainted

        Comments:

    3. Would you choose Flugger Acrylic Putty over another infill
    material? Why or why not?

    4. Have you been able to inspect a Flugger Acrylic Putty infill
    after several years' time? If so, what was the state of the
    infill?

    5. Do you have any concerns about using Flugger Acrylic Putty?

Thank you for your time and willingness to share your experience
with Flugger Acrylic Putty.

Ida Pohoriljakova, M.A.C. Candidate
Master of Art Conservation Program
Queen's University