Subject: Workshop on writing and publishing

Workshop on writing and publishing

From: Susan Lunas <bookbinder<-at->
Date: Monday, November 9, 2009
CIPP (Conservators in Private Practice) present:

"The Conservator Behind the Curtain - The importance of telling
your conservation story"
AIC 2010 Annual Meeting
May 11, 1010
1:30-5 pm

Key note speaker:

    Jonathon Prown
    Executive Director and Chief Curator of the Chipstone Foundation

$39 AIC CIPP members; $49 all others

Does your conservation practice need some decent exposure these
uncertain times? Would you like to get the word out about the
conservation work you do, but don't really know how to begin to
write a paper or give a presentation? Then this workshop is for you.
This inspiring and informative workshop will help you put the
limelight on your conservation practice.

Our keynote speaker, Jonathon Prown, Executive Director and Chief
Curator of the Chipstone Foundation, will speak on the importance of
conservators writing about and publishing our projects.  Mr. Prown
is the author of many scholarly articles about American Decorative
Arts, including "Southern Furniture, 1680-1830," the most
comprehensive work of its kind to date.

Following Mr. Prown's presentation will be a panel presentation by
five individuals from different conservation/museum backgrounds
describing how they develop articles for publication, how they use
the Internet to find opportunities for exposure, and how they use
marketing strategies and public outreach to get their names out
there. This will be a very practical workshop with information
designed to help you and your work gain valuable exposure.

We encourage you to bring your paper and presentation, and website
ideas to the workshop; ask the panel for suggestions and ideas on
how to expose yourself to the public and your peers with coherent,
engaging writing and presentations.

So come join us. Examine the past, and envision future ways to build
bridges among conservation colleagues and the public.

Questions:  contact the CIPP Program Chair, Susie Lunas

                 Distributed: Sunday, November 15, 2009