Subject: Alcohol and proteins

Alcohol and proteins

From: Simon Moore <couteaufin<-at->
Date: Saturday, November 7, 2009
Brenna Campbell <bcampbell [at] themorgan__org> writes

>As part of a large campaign of pigment consolidation, we are
>investigating the effect of alcohol on proteins.  ...

The effect of alcohol on proteins is largely osmotic and brings
about the effect of severe dehydration and can cause cell membrane
rupture and other undesirable effects. I do not have any specific
references  for this but if you get no other replies, feel free to
contact me again as I have a few contacts who would be able to help
further.

Simon Moore MIScT, FLS, ACR
Conservator of Natural Sciences
20 Newbury Street