Subject: Reused manuscript fragments

Reused manuscript fragments

From: Marco Di Bella <mdibella<-at->
Date: Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Has anyone explored extensively the approach to medieval manuscript
fragments reused in bookbinding? I have to face the ethics involved
in detaching them to be read and I would like to know what has been
written till now on the subject and any advice on possible
treatments and mounting, except the classical techniques.

Marco di Bella
freelance book conservator
Palermo, Italy

                 Distributed: Friday, October 30, 2009