Subject: Call for papers--Conference on sustainability in conservation

Call for papers--Conference on sustainability in conservation

From: Agnes Gall-Ortlik <gallortlik<-at->
Date: Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Call for papers

Towards a sustainable conservation: challenges and projects
12th Technical Meeting on conservation
Museu Nacional de
Catalunya, Barcelona
3-4 May 2010

The Grup Tecnic, the Catalan Professional Association of
Conservators is calling for papers for its next bi-annual meeting to
be held in Barcelona at the National Museum of Catalonia in 2010.

You are welcome to submit a paper proposal to participate to this
international and sunny meeting.

In a global world in constant technological revolution, we as
conservators feel the responsibility to think over the consequences
of our actions on works of art, as well as on the environment,
society and economy.

Sustainability, ecology or de-growth are concepts that are rapidly
gaining importance in our lives. But the lack of essential
information and research stops us from changing the actual trends
and to progress towards more responsible practices.

In the Grup Tecnic, we ask ourselves: what is the impact of our
activity on health and environment? what are the consequences of
repeated intervention on the same objects? do ecological treatments
really exist? does preventive care really save resources? can we
imagine cultural tourism under the parameters of sustainability?

In this new venue, the Grup Tecnic invites you to ponder and share
your experiences and uncertainties on these topics, with the
intention of contributing to a necessary collective awareness.

Abstracts: Professionals interested in submitting a paper should
send by e-mail a summary of 500 words at the most, according to the
model on our website

    <URL:http://www.gruptecnic.org>

Abstracts are accepted until January 15, 2010. The Scientific
committee will notify the authors of the acceptance or not of their
proposals on January 26, 2010. The full text will be sent not after
March 26 of 2010, to be published as preprints.

Agnes Gall Ortlik
Grup Tecnic
Associacio professional de conservadors-restauradors de Catalunya

                 Distributed: Friday, October 30, 2009