Subject: Position at Tate

Position at Tate

From: Janita Chooramun <janita.chooramun<-at->
Date: Friday, October 23, 2009
Conservator, Time-based Media
(Temporary for up to 12 months--maternity cover)
Conservation Department
Tate

Location: Tate Store, Southwark, Central London

Salary: UKP26,400 + benefits

Closing date: 6 November 2009

An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Time-based Media
Conservator to join our team to cover maternity leave.

Time-based Media Conservation is responsible for works in the
Collection that have a film, video, slide, audio, computer or
performance based element, many of these works are complex
installations. This post has special responsibility for
co-ordinating acquisitions and loans for time-based media
conservation and the examination, conservation and preparation of
works for loan, acquisition and display of Time-based media works of
art.

You will need to hold a recognised qualification in conservation
with professional experience which has lead to the ability to work
independently to assess the condition, develop and implement
conservation treatments on time-based media works. You will have
proven analytical skills with the ability to carry out research into
the materials and techniques where novel or complex conservation
problems arise. If you have an interest in art and can offer the
level of expertise and experience we are looking for along with
excellent interpersonal, organisation and project management skills,
then we would be very interested to hear from you.

Contact Details/How to apply: For further information and to
download an application pack, please visit our website at
<URL:http://www.tate.org.uk> If you're unable to access our website
please email jobs<-at->tate<.>org<.>uk quoting ref: 9090.

Closing date: 6 November 2009
Interviews: 24 November 2009

                 Distributed: Tuesday, October 27, 2009