Subject: New conservation products

New conservation products

From: Aaron Salik <aaron<-at->
Date: Friday, October 2, 2009
We are happy to announce that we are now carrying two new cellulose
products at Talas <URL:http://talasonline.com>, both of which have
been gaining popularity in the conservation community for specific
applications and treatment techniques.

Dow Methocel A4C is a pharmaceutical grade medium viscosity (average
400 cPs at 2% in water) version. It's small molecule size makes it
effective at penetrating fiber structures, and act more effectively
at sizing paper and textiles, the consolidation of friable media,
surface cleaning, and softening of old water-based adhesives.

Aqualon Cellulose Gum CMC-7H3SF PH is a high viscosity (average 3800
cPs at 2% in water) and has recently been found to be desirable in
many technical paper conservation applications.

These products can be found at

    <URL:http://tinyurl.com/mq7wt5>

Aaron Salik
Talas