Subject: Wax objects

Wax objects

From: Barbara Appelbaum <aandh<-at->
Date: Friday, October 2, 2009
Laura Louise Curtis <l.curtis [at] pgrad__unimelb__edu__au> writes

>I am a MA student with the University of Melbourne and am currently
>completing a treatment on a small wax model of the developmental
>stages of the human eye.  The treatment requires the reattachment of
>a broken fragment (about 2mm thick) to the model.  I wanted to
>inquire about the methods of reattachment/adhesives others have
>used.

There seem to be two schools about adhering wax: using more wax, and
using a different adhesive.  In the interests of reversibility, I
prefer the latter.  Emulsions stick pretty well, and leave the hope
of softening with water in the future.

Barbara Appelbaum
Appelbaum and Himmelstein
444 Central Park West