Subject: Environmental management and sustainability

Environmental management and sustainability

From: Rose Daly <rose_daly<-at->
Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2009
I am a second-year objects conservation fellow at the
Winterthur/University of Delaware Program in Art Conservation
(WUDPAC).  I am pursuing a concentration in preventive conservation
under the supervision of Dr. Joelle Wickens.  As part of this
concentration I am carrying out research on environmental management
and sustainability.  The primary questions: Will a building
structure, emptied of visitors, provide adequate buffering during a
temporary shut-down of the heating ventilation and air conditioning
(HVAC) system?  What energy savings would be realized through this
shut-down?

As part of the research, I would like to interview conservators in
the USA and worldwide, who's institutions are considering similar or
other approaches to saving energy.

In addition, I have found some very interesting information about
building management during the previous (1973 and 1979) oil and
energy crises.  As a historical aspect to this study, I would like
to conduct interviews that could shed light on what was being done
during the 1970's when energy was rationed and the impact of this
rationing.  If you would be willing to be interviewed or can suggest
someone I should approach please contact me by e-mail prior to
November 2009.

My goal is to complete my report by December 2009, and I will gladly
share my results with those willing to take part in the interviews.

Please visit

    <URL:http://www.dalyconservation.com>

for more details about this project

Rose Daly