Subject: Administrivia

Administrivia

From: Walter Henry <request<-at->
Date: Friday, September 18, 2009
DistList procedures are in a transitional state but with the
exception of some new addresses, the procedures will not be too much
different from what you are used to.

To submit material to the DistList, send it, as plain text, to

    consdistlist<-at->cool<.>conservation-us<.>org

For any messages not intended for distribution, such as
administrative requests about changes to your email address or
contact information, must be sent to

    request<-at->cool<.>conservation-us<.>org

The DistList archives are now at

And the ConsDir and the Finding People page are at

<URL:http://cool.conservation-us.org/misc/people>

There are some messages that were received between June 10, 2009 and
now and for those items that are still relevant (e.g. deadlines have
not passed), I will try to get them out in the next few mailings.

Much of the documentation for CoOL and the DistList still must be
updated to reflect these new addresses and we'll fix these as soon
as we can.  Similarly, the software that handles submissions and
mailings has not been fully configured yet, so if you get auto
indicate a problem, please just ignore them for now; your messages
will be forwarded to the right place and I'll process them in much
the same way as before.  It's possible that you'll receive messages
saying you've been unsubscribed and/or resubscribed, and these are
not cause for concern; they just mean part of the process needs
tweaking at this end.  If you happen to get, say, multiple
acknowledgements for your submission, it doesn't mean anything is
seriously wrong, just that there's a little difficulty at my end.

Of course, if you submit an item or send an admin request and don't
get some response from me in a reasonable time (e.g. if more than
one or two mailings occur and you haven't seen your item posted,
please let me know (at the administrative address above).

onward,
walter

                Distributed: Friday, September 18, 2009