Subject: Questionnaire on brass paints

Questionnaire on brass paints

From: Lea Wegwitz <lea.wegwitz<-at->
Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2009
    author.

As a final year student at the Institut National du Patrimoine (INP,
Paris, France) in furniture conservation, my MA research will focus
on restoration procedures undertaken on objects presenting bronze
paints/brass paints. Your experience in this field will most
certainly help me to specify the orientations and objectives of my
scientific study, and thus allow me to concentrate on areas most
likely to be of interest in the conservation/restoration sphere.

I would be most grateful if you could spend a few minutes of your
time answering the following questionnaire and send it back to
<lea.wegwitz<-at->gmail<.>com>

All answers to this questionnaire will remain strictly confidential
and anonymous. Many thanks in advance,

Please state your area of expertise:

    Have you already worked with objects presenting paints/brass
    paints?

    Is it something you come across frequently? (never, some time to
    time, frequently, consistently)

    Was the bronze paint/brass paint an original design or a
    restoration?

    What was the nature of the underlying layer

    Do you know the nature of the binging medium used with the
    bronze paints/brass paints that you were working on? (please
    specify)

    Did you notice any deterioration of the bronze paints/brass
    paints? (Please specify)

    Were you required to remove bronze paints/brass paints?

    If yes, did the operation pose problems?

    What did you use to remove the bronze paints/brass paints?

    What information would you find useful to be included in a study
    conducted on bronze paints/brass paints?

Lea Wegwitz
INP, departement des restaurateurs
150 avenue du President Wilson
93210 Saint Denis La Plaine