Subject: Cy Twombly's painting supports

Cy Twombly's painting supports

From: Aitziber Velasco <avelasco<-at->
Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2009
    author.

I am doing some research into Cy Twombly's technique, especially
focused on canvas fibre identification of his paintings supports. I
have analyzed some samples of fibres and I found it is cotton but I
know some other artworks are painted in linen. I would like to
receive some more information by any other institution carrying
related research about the fabrics used by the artist, or the fabric
used by conservators for the strip lining. Many thanks in advance,

                  Distributed: Thursday, June 11, 2009