Subject: ConservationSpace

ConservationSpace

From: Kenneth Hamma <khamma<-at->
Date: Thursday, June 4, 2009
The ConservationSpace team has held two community design meetings
with conservators in New York in March

    <URL:http://tinyurl.com/qo3tj7>

and London in April

    <URL:http://tinyurl.com/qdw8zb>

Based on the work of those meetings we have created the first
versions of workflow diagrams for twenty activities that were
identified and described by the participants.

The workflow diagrams are models that represent the sequence of
operations or activities or steps for a given work activity. These
will be the basis for creating an application that will support the
work of conservators and help manage the wide array of documents
that are part of or result from that work.

These workflow diagrams, along with associated outputs and
documentation, are now available for review at:

    <URL:http://www.conservationspace.org/requirements>

Everyone in the field is invited to register at this site to review,
comment and post questions over the next three months with the goal
of refining and expanding this basis for application development.

In the next week we will post a comprehensive list of the types
documentation that have been identified, and the application "wish
list" drawn up by the New York and London participants.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kenneth Hamma, Project Manager

                   Distributed: Sunday, June 7, 2009