Subject: Food products in museum collections

Food products in museum collections

From: Beatrice Colastin Skokan <bskokan<-at->
Date: Monday, May 11, 2009
I was asked to add a wrapped cookie to one of our archival
collections and am very hesitant to proceed without further
guidance. Are there preservation methods/guidelines for adding food
items to collections? I would appreciate any advice you could
provide.

Beatrice Colastin Skokan
Special Collections Librarian
University of Miami Libraries - Special Collections
1300 Memorial Dr.
Coral Gables, Fl. 33124

                   Distributed: Tuesday, May 12, 2009