Subject: Position at Science Museum, London

Position at Science Museum, London

From: Langfeldt Jannicke <jannicke.langfeldt<-at->
Date: Thursday, May 7, 2009
Objects Conservator
2 month fixed-term contract
Science Museum London

Salary: UKP22,970 plus UKP1,000 Regional Weighting Allowance per
annum pro-rata The Science Museum is seeking a flexible and
enthusiastic object conservator who will support the Museum's
exhibitions programme. The position is primarily to assist with the
conservation of objects for the refurbishment of the Time Gallery
opening in July 2009, but will also assist with other projects and
loans as required.

We are looking for a confident, outgoing professional to provide
high quality interventive conservation.

The position is based primarily at the Science Museum in South
Kensington but you may be occasionally required to work in the
Blythe House storage facility at Kensington Olympia.

Your recognised conservation qualification or similar experience
will be supported by demonstrable skills in interventive and
preventive museum object conservation across a broad spectrum of
materials. Experience working with time pieces, metal objects or
similar objects is an advantage.

You should be able to demonstrate the ability to plan and execute
your own work programmes and promote and high conservation
standards. The ability to use databases and image manipulation
software and practical expertise in risk assessment and COSHH will
be essential.

For more information about the post and a full Job description
please e-mail jannicke.langfeldt<-at->sciencemuseum<.>org<.>uk, reference
CONOBJ09-EXT

Closing Date:  22 May 2009

To apply:

Please read the job description fully and then email your CV and
covering letter, explaining clearly how you meet all our stated
requirements, to recruitment<-at->sciencemuseum<.>org<.>uk.

Alternatively, you can send your CV and covering letter explaining
clearly how you meet all our stated requirements to:

    HR Assistant
    ref. CONOBJ09-EXT
    Human Resources Department
    The Science Museum
    Exhibition Road
    London SW7 2DD

Please quote the reference CONOBJ09-EXT either in your email subject
header, or at the top of your covering letter.

Please make sure that you have taken care in your cover letter to
explain why the skills you have match the role described in the job
description. We will only be able to [text missing]

For updates on all Science Museum news and events sign up to our
free e-newsletter at <URL:http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk>

                    Distributed: Friday, May 8, 2009