Subject: Off gassing image on glass

Off gassing image on glass

From: Ana Flynn <ana.flynn<-at->
Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2009
I have just removed a water colour from its frame for packing off to
the paper conservator and noticed an after image on the glass where
something has been off gassing. The painting was mounted on a wooden
board and it was in direct contact with the glass. I've seen this
type of image before with oil paintings caused by VOC but what is
causing it in the water colour? Is it from the wood?

Ana Flynn
Conservation Officer
Collections
and Exhibitions