Subject: New blog--Applied Museum Studies

New blog--Applied Museum Studies

From: Terrence Quinlan <terrence.quinlan<-at->
Date: Thursday, May 7, 2009
The Applied Museum Studies Program - Conservation Department of
Algonquin College has launched a blog aptly titled AMS-Conservation
Department.

    <URL:http://profconservation.wordpress.com/>

The site will profile community conservation partnerships,
conservation treatment and preventive conservation research
undertaken by students within the AMS program. It is hoped that this
Web 2.0 approach will assist the AMS program in engaging
counterparts in the cultural sector and provide an alternative
platform to profile student and program successes.

Review our profile story on the Conservation Treatment of the first
flag to be flown by a Canadian forces serving in WWI in LeTourquet
France, 1914.

Visit our blog and review student project work and community
partnerships over the past academic year. Visitors are encouraged to
provide comments and feedback. Coming this fall: guest student
authors.

Terrence Quinlan
Applied Museum Studies
Algonquin College