Subject: Low VOC paints

Low VOC paints

From: Jim Harris <jamesedwardharris<-at->
Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Liz Wild <liz.wild [at] qag__qld__gov__au> writes

>We would very much appreciate to hear from anyone who has done, or
>is aware of research / testing into low VOC paints. In particular,
>we are interested if the recommended drying times for inside display
>cases are lower than the standard recommended 4 weeks for water
>based acrylic paints. We would also like to hear if anyone has
>observed any adverse reactions to objects from being displayed
inside cases coated with low VOC paints.

I am undertaking a dissertation project to test a range of
sustainable paints for museum use and wish to correspond with anyone
who might be interested in the results. Certainly there are some
types of low VOC paints which will react with certain materials so I
aim to chart the results and make recommendations. I will also be
able to recommend drying times.

Contact me if interested.

Jim Harris

                    Distributed: Friday, May 8, 2009