Subject: Low VOC paints

Low VOC paints

From: Liz Wild <liz.wild<-at->
Date: Tuesday, May 5, 2009
We would very much appreciate to hear from anyone who has done, or
is aware of research / testing into low VOC paints. In particular,
we are interested if the recommended drying times for inside display
cases are lower than the standard recommended 4 weeks for water
based acrylic paints. We would also like to hear if anyone has
observed any adverse reactions to objects from being displayed
inside cases coated with low VOC paints.

Liz Wild
Conservator, Sculpture

Kim Barrett
Conservator, Works on Paper
Gallery of Modern Art,
Brisbane, Australia

Conservation Department
Queensland Art Gallery / Gallery of Modern Art
PO Box 3686
South Brisbane
Queensland 4101 Australia

                   Distributed: Tuesday, May 5, 2009