Subject: Documentation

Documentation

From: Grimaud Pamela <pamela.grimaud<-at->
Date: Tuesday, April 14, 2009
I am a master's student at the Louvre's school doing an internship
at the Interregional Centre for Heritage Conservation and
Restoration (CICRP) in Marseille. I'm conducting research on how to
document a restoration, especially of paintings. The issues are the
following:

What are the records of those operations that must be preserved and
on which medias?

How to archive them in order to be transmissible?

Are some of those documents (treatment reports, quotes, etc.)
confidential (by official law or moral law)?

If, as a conservator, curator or any museum professional, you've
come up against these matters, please contact me, I'd be glad to
share opinions, as I'd like to have many different points of view
(from various jobs and origins).

Pamela Grimaud
Louvre's school
CICRP